Do you like spending copious amounts of time in your kitchen? Then this recipe isn't for you.
Do you like running around your grocery store looking for wicked weird ingredients? Then this recipe isn't for you.
Do you like feeling lost and like crying while cooking? Then this recipe isn't you.
Do you actually have a life? This recipe is for you.
Do you like easy things? This recipe is for you.
Do you like Italian food? This recipe is for you.
Yes my friends, I have found it. The easiest recipe. Ever. Literally it took me five minutes.
Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole
adapted from: Eat at Home
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Here's what you need:
-3 large, cooked, shredded chicken breasts
-1 cup uncooked rice, not the minute kind
-1 bell pepper, diced
-16oz chicken broth
-1 can cream of celery soup
-1/2tsp Italian seasoning
-1tsp cayenne pepper
-black pepper to taste
-2 cups mozzarella cheese
Here's what you do.
1. Spread the cooked chicken on the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish
2. Sprinkle the rice and bell pepper over the chicken.
3. Mix together the next 6 ingredients in a bowl. Pour over the chicken mixture.
4. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Put in your mouth.