We are not big Chinese people and when I say "we" I mean me. Sure, give me Panda Express anyday and I'll have a smile on my face that rivals a four year old with a lolly pop. Other than that, Chinese food and I just really arent friends. However, some ambition took over and I decided eggrolls were the way to go tonight. Besides, they are healthy and healthy and I are trying to make our relationship work. Thats why I served these eggrolls with this easy fried rice recipe. I just added a few frozen veggies to it. Sha-bam!
Chicken Baked Eggrolls
from A Taste of Home
Here's what you need:
-2 cups shredded carrots
-1 can brean sprouts, drained
-1/2 cup water chesnuts, diced
-1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
-1/4 cup green onions, diced [I left this out]
-1 clove garlic
-2 cups finely diced, cooked chicken
- 4 tsp cornstarch
-1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- eggroll wrappers
Here's what ya do:
1. Saute the first 6 ingredients for about 3 minutes in about a tbsp of olive oil. Add the chicken, heat through.
2. In a small bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients. Stir well. Add to the stir fry mixture and mix well. Remove from heat.
3. Lay about an eggroll wrapper and spoon 2 big spoonfuls of the chicken mixture on to the wrapper. Fold the bottom over the mixture tightly, fold the sides in and roll. Place on a greased baking pan seam side down. Repeat until the mixture is gone.
4. Spray the tops of the eggrolls with spray oil and baked at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes until nice and crispy.
5. Put in your mouth. Actually, you may want to wait a few minutes, these suckers get hot!