Wednesday, May 26, 2010

soup in the summer perplexes me

Working late will be the end of me, I swear. It's dumb to get off at 10 then come home and make dinner hence why I use my dun dun dun dun... CrockPot. Complaint number 2: Crockpots kind of suck in the summer time. Warm soups and hearty meals are not really ideal here in the 110 degree whether, especially when all I want to do is lay by the pool and eat popsicles. Anyways, since I don't want my kitchen destroyed by hungry boys looking to stuff their faces, I'm still sticking with the CrockPot for dinner. So I guess what I'm really getting at is; can someone invent the reverse CrockPot please? Thanks.

Chile Chicken Chowder
adapted from Pillsbury
Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 7-8 hours

Here's what you need:
-1 1/4 pound cubed, uncooked chicken
-1 1/2 cups frozen hashbrowns
-1 1/2 cups chicken broth
-2 cloves diced garlic
-1 tsp cumin
-1 can cream style corn {I also added about 1/2 cup corn, just cause I can}
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 can green chiles
-1/2 cup half and half {I used heavy cream}

Here's what you do:
1. Combine all of the ingredients in your CrockPot; stir.
2. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
3. Stir in half and half, heat through, put in your mouth.

Mycamera cord is lost in the sea of crao that is my house, but this sooup was delishious. No joke. Throw some cheese on top, and eat like there is no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment