Thursday, May 6, 2010

" you make martha stewart look like a bitch"

That is a direct quote from Jeran Brands,one of Drew's friends who is over for dinner often. That comment pretty much completed my life. Okay, not pretty much, it did. But, I digress.

Happy Cinco de Mayo {a day late} aka the best holiday of the year!! Why? Because I can eat chips and salsa for breakfast, lunch and dinner and not look like a complete lunatic...well almost. But really, chips and salsa is a main food group for me, I guess it's a good thing I didn't stick with Nutrition in school...

What I made for dinner however, has nothing to do with salsa, but I only say this loosely because I smother it in salsa anyways.

Cilantro-Lime Chicken Taco's
loosely adapted from For The Love of Cooking

Here's what you need..

2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
juice of one lime
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
2 cloves of garlic
Your favorite taco fixin's

Chop up the chicken, cilantro and garlic. Marinate all three in the olive oil for 20-30 minutes.
Add the lime juice and marinate for 10 more minutes.
Cook. Put chicken in taco like setting. Put in your mouth.

Sorry for the whole 'no picture' thing. When food is devoured while you are looking for your camera, it makes that option a little difficult..

No comments:

Post a Comment